How to choose a good hosting for my website ?. There are transcendental questions when facing a web project and this, without a doubt, is one of them. The truth is that when browsing the web in search of a hosting, the offer is overwhelming. SiteGround, WebEmpresa, Raiola Networks, there are so many companies that claim to be number 1.
How to choose a good hosting for my web page; without falling into the clutches of a junk service? What makes a service successful? How to recognize and choose a good quality hosting?
In the world of hosting, aggressive competitiveness through prices and offers is the most used tool. A web hosting can even be offered as “free” and this can be very striking for an amateur web hosting user.
Therefore, we draw on our experience with various hosting services to accompany you in this difficult decision. We want your project, be it a blog, a digital store or the website of a company or school, to have more, for less price. In short, that the hosting you choose is not only a good hosting, but also the best of all.
Wondering which one is the best? We have our favorites from ste 2020. But you have the final decision because you must consider the specific needs of your project, to choose. Creating a WordPress blog is not the same as starting a virtual store. Here we go.
WHY IS A WEB HOSTING IMPORTANT FOR YOUR PROJECT?
A web hosting is the equivalent of the sails of a ship. A great design and quality content that are not accompanied by features that guarantee speed, security and support against eventual storms, will leave you out in the open, losing many opportunities to be seen. If you do not have a good web hosting service, all your efforts will be lost due to the low ratings of the search engines. In short, you and your website will be lost.
THEN: HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD HOSTING FOR MY WEBSITE
It can be very tempting for you and for the companies to start the analysis due to the price factor, since there is a technical language that is difficult to understand that keeps you from knowing in detail what they are selling you. But do not be fooled. In the technical field, there is the possibility of comparing and choosing the services that best suit your needs. That is why we have developed a glossary of terms that you must manage to embark on this company:
Server: a server is the physical machine that is going to serve as hosting for the information and files of your website. The server will be the place that contains your storage “virtual space”.
- Web hosting: web hosting (also known as web hosting) is the bridge between the server, your website and your users, the road that will allow your customers to access your web.
- Data transfer: This is the speed at which the data travels between the server and the user trying to access it. Too long loading times have a negative impact on the image of your site and may lead to abandonment of the mission.
- Technical support: or the team “when they burn potatoes”. Running a website requires endless maintenance and obviously putting out fires when they do occur (this is almost inevitable). Having trained technicians who know how to give you a good service, capable of understanding your needs and solving them efficiently, is key. Customer service is one of the items that does not usually give many details in the plans, so you may want to ask.
Additional support for your content manager: and with content manager we obviously mean the most popular of all, WordPress. Although some developers like others like Dupral, Joomla or PrestaShop, WordPress is the undisputed star. If you are from the WordPress team, you are going to want a workspace optimized for your needs, that gives you specific WordPress tools and, why not, that makes your life easier, in fewer clicks.
- SSL disk space: this point is just one of the “colored mirrors” with which web hosting companies try to seduce their customers. Unlimited disk space? Who does not want it? Well, most standard websites do not need it as they occupy 1 Gb of space after hundreds of posts and entries. So when analyzing the plans offered by web hosting services, it may seem that 10 Gb of storage is much better than just 5, but the reality is that you may not get to use as much space. So the “unlimited space” offers we’ve read out there become just marketing and marketing strategies for inexperienced users. A storage capacity limited to your needs and with high performance in terms of speed will always be a better investment.
- MySQL databases: practically all the pages web use a MySQL database, so it is not surprising that -in medium and high quality web hosting services- they are included by default. Be suspicious of plans that do not consider databases within their basic benefits.
- Security: we are referring to both physical security systems (which protect servers from any attack in the real world) and virtual security that should give you control against the thousands of threats that swarm the web. Malicious malware, viruses, spyware and other types of problems that put your information and that of your users at risk. If your web hosting does not protect you, it damages the reputation of your site in front of your clients, but it also ruins your search engine rankings. Also, a good web hosting service will automatically generate copies of your site to keep a constant backup of your information.
- Optimization tools: too heavy images, pages that load too slowly… optimization problems that you can avoid if your web hosting provider offers you enough tools to guarantee speed and also an excellent presence in terms of SEO. In this regard, many companies offer a lot of bandwidth, when in fact a common website can cope with 50Gb, which can guarantee you about 50,000 page views per month (a number that for a blog can be the glory and that few websites manage to reach. ).
- Domain: A domain is the address that identifies your website. To analyze this aspect you must think about the future. Do you plan to have only one website, with a single domain, or what started as a simple blog has unleashed the desire to continue growing and creating? If the answer is yes, you should hire a hosting service that does not limit the number of domains and that allows you to host several in a single plan. Otherwise, you will be forced to contract a plan for each domain. A real loss for your finances.
Choosing is never easy and sometimes more information can lead to chaos. So this basic guide to basic terms will allow you to approach the different web hosting offers with simple criteria. And define the one that is closest to what you need. I hope that the question that this post generated: How to choose a good hosting for my website ?, has been answered.
We would like to know your opinion in the comments and if you liked it, help us share